Skip navigation

I spent a few minutes in the garden this morning – smelling the roses.  Actually, we don’t have any roses but I wanted to get a couple of shots of the flowers on the Gardenia.  By the grace of God, this beautiful plant has survived four summers and has given it’s best bloom this spring.  I wasn’t taking the shots for the blog.  They’re for my garden log-book and are therefore less artistic and more practical.

I’m writing this post to share, as you can see, a different set of image.  It’s hard to spend any amount of time in a garden, this time of the year, without finding a special something.  It’s an almost certain investment if you look hard enough.  For me, my reward was this curious insect.

The photo below is when I first noticed it.  It just hovered there almost watching over me – probably wondering what on earth I was doing.  I took the photo with the assumption that it would be my first and last chance.  Little did I know it would go on posing for me a little more, to which I happily obliged.  It was the most wonderful start to a very long day at work.

Bzzz…

25 Comments

• maitham
    • Posted 16 March 2010 at 11:21 pm

you Bzzzed me Man LOOL😛

1. What ca i say! great work! i guess it was hard to take those pictures!!

• Very hard… I had to twist the lens and press a shutter button🙂 All by myself.

• Polar Panda
        • Posted 17 March 2010 at 8:28 pm

LOL🙂

2. I liked the color contrast and combination in the background. How much you paid the Bee to to this stunt for you?🙂

3. Amazing shots! But I really hate bees! Too many bad experiences! Those stings hurt! But if you walk by as if you don’t want anything they usually don’t bother you! It looks like its contemplating attacking you! Not watching over you! LOL

• You know… No joke: I think it did!

• Polar Panda
    • Posted 17 March 2010 at 2:10 am

Oh, my! Praise Lord for the beauty and your eyes! Thank you so much for sharing and it really uplift our daily life. I see all kinds of animals in our back yard, squirrels, jack rabbits, blue jays and other birds, wild hens and etc. I never had the patience to catch them in my camera and eyes. We are too busy to see the beauty! Your Gardenia is beautiful too. It does not grow well in Canada, as it is too cooooold here. Thanks again for the Bzzzz angel. 🙂

4. I think you’re just too busy with the move. I’ve seen your family walks and appreciating the beauty snow flakes🙂

• Polar Panda
      • Posted 17 March 2010 at 8:35 pm

Thanks a lot! 🙂 Looking forward to the early retirement. 🙂
      Funny I see the Bzz was rubbing his feet…

5. Those pictures are very cool!! Bees are awesome, unless u get stung by one!

6. Nice capture! How did you focus so fast? Are these taken with a macro lens?

• Autofocus and luck. Zoom lens – not macro (yet).

• Polar Panda
        • Posted 18 March 2010 at 9:09 am

thx for sharing. will try.

• maitham
    • Posted 17 March 2010 at 7:45 pm

thanx🙂

• Mathai
    • Posted 17 March 2010 at 7:54 pm

wow great shots Bu Yousef!

7. Great shots
    Lovely photographs

8. amaaaaaazinggg!

9. Amazing capture!

10. your close photography is awesome!!! really amazing how you get that fast shooting!!congratulations!!

11. Very nice captures. I’m curious as to what type of camera you’re using